Here at Omnia Health, we’re all about being proactive and having a plan. That’s why we have a great appreciation for “tips and tricks” blogs. There are few things we love more than to provide people with actionable knowledge that helps them to lead healthier lives.
In the world of detox, there are plenty of things you can do to help alleviate unnecessary stress from your body. Getting rid of all those toxins daily is hard work and your liver could use some assistance. As complicated as the detoxification process may seem, there are simple lifestyle changes you can make to greatly improve its efficiency. And as a thank you, your body and mind will feel better.
It is worthwhile to consider implementing one (or all) of the following detox tips and tricks:
1. Clean Air – Get on the air purifier bandwagon. There are so many great options available on the market and some of them aren’t as pricey as you might think. Besides, your health is worth the investment.
2. Clean Water – Filters are your new best friend. Water is the most important beverage and it’s not just the amount we intake that matters, but the quality of what we are putting into our bodies. You want to drink water from a fresh spring and not a dirty swamp.
3. Clean Food – Most of us have heard of the “dirty dozen” or the “clean 15” but do we really know what they are? A quick search on Google will help enlighten you on what you should and should NOT be consuming. When you’re eating fruits and veggies, it’s to your benefit to focus on high quality ones. Make sure you get that fiber you need to move your gut every day!
4. Sweat It Out – This is an amazing tip. Using an infrared sauna is a fantastic way to detox. Hot baths, Epsom salts, steam and a consistent exercise routine, are all great ways to sweat out those unwanted toxins.
5. Replenish – Electrolytes are great for improving the detox process. Often an afterthought, electrolytes help the body’s pH levels to remain neutral and support cellular function during the elimination phase of detoxification. Pink Himalayan sea salt is a great option for getting all that good stuff in while getting the bad stuff out.
How can Omnia Health help?
We are more than functional medicine experts. We are advocates for those looking to take control of their lives to achieve optimal health and wellbeing. It is common to hear that many of the symptoms we experience are unable to be changed. That we need to learn how to live with them. Or to take some form of prescription medication. While this may be the case in certain instances, it is not always the reality.
By being assertive, learning the why behind the what, and committing to lifestyle changes, living a healthier life is possible. Enter Omnia Health. We are here to understand your unique set of concerns and goals. We will work together to provide:
- Actionable plans
- Guidance and support
- Accountability and check-ins
Everything we do is with the end goal of wellbeing in mind. Your success and our success are one in the same.
Dig A Little Deeper Into Detox
We provide our clients with plenty of information and insight, but the more knowledge you have on a topic, the better. If you’re looking for reliable resources regarding detoxification, we’ve got you covered. You can check out some of our other blogs or take a look at this dynamic detox duo for accurate and relevant information: The Institute For Functional Medicine and The Environmental Working Group
In the meantime, Omnia Health is here to help pave the way for you to become a healthier, happier version of you. After all, that’s what you deserve! Contact us to get started.